Have you thought about a career that promotes literacy among Chicago's youth?
At WITS, we believe there is no better gift than the love of reading. If you are as passionate about education as we are, we invite you to explore a career with WITS.
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Classification: Regular, Part-Time (9 months, 32/hrs weeks, some Saturdays)
Reports to: Program Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The primary function of the Program Coordinator is to coordinate and maintain the high-quality level of WITS program models, activities, curriculum, volunteers, and materials for WITS programs. This includes volunteer management, program development, external relations with partners, student assessment, data collection, and full planning and logistical implementation of multiple programs for the school year. Program Coordinators ensure high quality services are provided to Chicago Public School students served by WITS as well as to WITS volunteers and corporate/community partners. The Program Coordinator reports to the Program Director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and support all aspects of WITS programming including: Early Childhood, Classroom Assistant, Mid-Day Mentoring, Workplace Mentoring and Saturday programs.
- Program Coordinator will be responsible for delivery of WITS Saturday Tutoring program (approx. 2 Saturdays each month from October through May).
- Coordinate and supervise the program logistics for volunteers (groups and individuals), including providing onsite support at program locations.
- Act as a liaison between WITS volunteers, schools and teachers.
- Administer pre and post test evaluation surveys in collaboration with Program Evaluator.
- Keep all program supplies updated and in good condition, ensuring students and volunteers have proper resources at programs.
- Direct and supervise bus chaperones and school support for programs.
- Supervise and direct large groups of students during WITS programs.
- Conduct trainings for volunteers.
- Coordinate and execute volunteer appreciation.
- Track volunteer inquiries and work with program team to place volunteers.
- Maintain accurate information in volunteer database.
- Update program metrics.
- Submit monthly attendance reports.
- Implement grassroots recruiting strategies, updating websites and canvassing neighborhood community centers to find new volunteers.
- Attend and assist with organizational special events.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- College degree
- Must have access to car
- Experience in education or literacy programs preferred, familiarity with Chicago Public Schools system and policies
- Ability to provide effective presentations to large groups of people
- Ability to manage large groups of students
- Ability to manage large groups of volunteers
- Strong personnell management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, communication and problem solving ability
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills; ability to collect and maintain information as needed
- Energetic team player who works well in collaborative situations
- Strong orientation to customer service
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and provide effective follow up with staff and external partners
- Dependability, accuracy, and attention to detail are musts, as are the ability to function independently, as well as in a team environment
- Fluency in Spanish highly desirable
To apply for this position please email your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.